The Fudgets library is available for download free of charge.
Fudgets was mostly developed in 1991-1996. After that,
only maintenance work and some minor additions have been done.
The most recent snapshot of the source code is
Some notes about this snapshot:
David Foster wrote
instructions for installing the previous
snapshot in a virtual machine running Debian 6. It should work with
this snapshot too.
fudgets.cabal has been added for easy installation
Assuming you have installed the Haskell Platform and have run
cabal update, the following should work:
tar xf fudgets-160113.tar.gz
- It compiles with at least GHC 7.10.2, GHC 7.8.3, GHC 7.6.3,
GHC 7.4.2 and GHC 6.12.3.
It no longer depends on the Haskell 98 libraries.
- It seems to work fine on 32-bit Linux systems.
Most things work on Mac OS X too.
- Some bugs with Xlib calls on 64 bit-systems have been fixed,
but there might be more.
Other recent snapshots can be downloaded from
The documention contained
in the source distribution may be out-of-date in places, but the reference manual on the web should be fairly
- 1997-present: numerous snapshots available.
- May 2000: version h13u available. It works with
(which has not been officially released) and
(To compile with GHC, you also need
The installation procedure for the GHC version has not been automated.)
- November 1996:
release h12. Fudgets now work with three
- August 1996: release h11. Short-lived, unannounced release.
- May 1996: release h10. Haskell 1.3.
- July 1995: release h9. The 1995 Båstad Spring School Release.
- January 1995: release h8.
- July 1994: release h7.
- June 1994: release h6.
- April 1994: release h5
- July 1993: release h4.
- January 1993: release h3.
23 Aug 2016, 15:42,
Thomas Hallgren &