DistributionThe Fudgets library is available for download free of charge.
Fudgets was mostly developed in 1991-1996. After that, only maintenance work and some minor additions have been made. It works with the Haskell Platform.
As a GUI toolkit, Fudgets is built on top of Xlib from the X11 Window system, which means it works best on GNU/Linux and other Unix-like system that use the X11 Window system natively. Fudgets can be used on other systems as long as there is some X11 compatibility layer. For example, you can compile and use Fudgets on macOS if you install XQuartz.
The most recent snapshot of the source code is
(which is a Cabal package). Some notes about this snapshot:
- Tested with GHC 7.6.3, GHC 7.10.3, GHC 8.0.2 and GHC 8.2.1.
- SpaceInvaders is now a more complete game.
- Revived some more demos: FudPaint, Life, Tiles, XMine.
appStorageFfor easy access to persistent application data.
- Added the
RandomHBCmodule to hbc_library.
class Move a where move :: Point -> a -> a
- Eliminated the dependecy on the old packedstring package,
by introducing a fake
PackedStringwill probably be removed completely in a future version.)
- Workaround for a GHC bug that caused
XCopyPlaneto crash on 64-bit systems.
For other recent snapshots and more details, see
The documention contained in the source distribution may be out-of-date in places, but the reference manual on the web should be fairly accurate.
- 1997-present: numerous snapshots available.
- May 2000: version h13u available. It works with HBC 0.9999.5 (which has not been officially released) and GHC 4.06. (To compile with GHC, you also need hmake. The installation procedure for the GHC version has not been automated.)
- November 1996: release h12. Fudgets now work with three Haskell 1.3 compilers: HBC, GHC and NHC.
- August 1996: release h11. Short-lived, unannounced release.
- May 1996: release h10. Haskell 1.3.
- July 1995: release h9. The 1995 Båstad Spring School Release.
- January 1995: release h8.
- July 1994: release h7.
- June 1994: release h6.
- April 1994: release h5
- July 1993: release h4.
- January 1993: release h3.